Gifted and Talented
- Assist member districts to meet the State’s Standards for Gifted and Talented Education and Advanced Placement.
- The Gifted and Talented Specialist will assist the member districts to meet the State’s Standards and Serve as a liaison between the Arkansas Department of Education, Office of Gifted and Talented, Advanced Placement, Education Cooperative, parent, and professional organizations, and other public and private agencies.
- Promote Gifted Education through public awareness and advocacy.
Gifted and Talented Specialist: Roger Eveland
Address: 211 West Hickory, Walnut Ridge, AR 72476
ADE – GIFTED & TALENTED AND ADVANCED PLACEMENT – Revised Webpage is Now Live
ADE – Stay Informed Messages
GT Meetings / Agendas
- 2019 Jr High Quiz Bowl Registration Form — January 23, 2019
- Junior/Senior High CHESS TOURNAMENT Form – SEPTEMBER 24, 2018
- 3rd and 4th Grade Quiz Bowl Tournament Registration—October 30, 2018
- 5th and 6th Grade Quiz Bowl Tournament Registration—December 5, 2018
- Pre-AP Cohort 2 Flyer – apply to be part of the second cohort of Pre-AP schools who will be piloting the new audited Pre-AP courses in 2019-20.
- AP Credit Policy in Arkansas
- ADE to Host My School Info Training Sessions
- Submit your online AP Expenditure report for 2017-18
- Project Fair Registration Form – Wednesday, May 2, 2018, @ Northeast Arkansas Education Cooperative located in Walnut Ridge – Project Fair Judging Guide
- AP Exam Order Reminder
- The Northeast Arkansas Education Cooperative through the Gifted and Talented Programming will present America's GIANT Puppet Theatre’s presentation of "Aesop's Dinosaur Fable" – April 23, 2018, in the auditorium at Black River Technical College, 1410 AR-30, Pocahontas, Arkansas
- 2017-18 Gifted and Talented Program Approval Application (Due October 15th)
GT Student Activities
- Story Store – The Story Store is a play written by Melinda Williams from local cooperative area student’s submissions. Melinda is a Professor of Communication Arts at Williams Baptist University in Walnut Ridge. Some of her drama students at the college will perform the play. Deadline – February 1, 2019.
ADE Commissioner's Memo
ADE – Webinar Recordings